While soft contact lenses dominate the market, there are many benefits of rigid gas permeable contact lenses! for more information: www.contactlenses.org
- Good vision: corrects most astigmatism; excellent optical quality, good surface wettability, available in bifocal designs
- Excellent eye health: 2-3 times more oxygen to the cornea than soft contacts, smaller size allows for tear exchange, fewer deposits
- Durability: GP lenses last longer and don’t need to be replaced as often as soft, lower long-term cost, use much less contact lens cleaning solutions.
- Ease of handling: smaller size lenses are easier to insert.
- Ease of care: simple cleaning and disinfecting solutions, lower annual cost.
- Slow down myopia progression: studies have shown that GP lenses slow down myopia progression in young people.