Demodex Blepharitis. Sometimes Demodex mites can cause blepharitis, which is an inflammation of the eyelids caused by a blockage in the oil glands in that area. Mites can block the oil glands at the base of your eyelashes. That’s often the reason that patients over the age of 60 develop blepharitis.
Signs of blepharitis can include:
- Dry eyes
- Burning or stinging sensation in the eyes
- White flakes in eyelashes
- Feeling like something is in your eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Brittle eyelashes
- Loss of eyelashes
- Bouts of blurred vision
We treat DEMODEX BLEPHARITIS with Ocusoft Oust Demodex Cleanser Lid Scrubs. Oust Demodex Cleanser is an extra strength cleanser with tea tree oil that effectively relieves irritation from the eyelashes, eyelids, brow and face.
- Moisturizing Formula Soothes, Calms, and Relieves Irritation
- Includes Tea Tree Oil
- Available in Patient Compliant Pre-Moistened Pad or Economical Foaming Liquid