Rarely, after lasik, a white spot on the eye forms, causing light sensitivity and discomfort. This represents inflammation which is associated with gram-positive bacteria, most likely Staphylococcus. It resolves within 1 week, with steroid and antibiotic eye drops, with minimal impact on vision.
If you over-wear your contact lenses or don’t properly clean and disinfect them, this is what can happen! An episode of pain and light sensitivity due to inflammation, with the risk of serious bacterial infection. This must be promptly treated and can result in a permanent scar. Changing to DAILY DISPOSABLE contact lenses (thrown awayContinue reading “What Contact Lenses Can Do to Your Eye”